Sunday, June 1, 2008

On the Needles: Here & There Cables scarf




There's no reason for this week's project still to be on the needles; I started it in July of 2007! The pattern is Here and There Cables from Scarf Style; I modified the pattern to add one extra repeat widthwise. It's a really easy pattern to remember and makes a nice scarf that's very stretchy and warm.

I have a tendency to pick really fine yarns for really large projects, and this is no different; I used Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock (80% superwash wool, 20% nylon) in the Tahoe colorway, on size 5 needles. And that right there is the incentive to finish this up sooner rather than later, because I need those needles for another project!

The scarf right now is 5" wide and 66" long; I'm going to finish up my current skein of yarn and then bind off!

No comments: